Hello YogaMama Community,
I asked my personal Massage Therapist & dear Friend Jenn Sommermann to share with us the benefits of Massage during Pregnancy. I hope you enjoy and make time to experience her healing hands :-) ~Leah
Top 10 Reasons to Receive Massage During Pregnancy
1. This time is reserved for just you.
2. Physical pain can be relieved (low back pain, leg pain, sciatic nerve pain, carpal tunnel syndrome plus many more) with massage.
3. Your body will be fully supported in a side lying position, with soft pillows surrounding you to make you more comfortable.
4. Studies show that hormone levels associated with relaxation and stress are significantly altered, leading to mood regulation and improved cardiovascular health.
5. These hormone levels also can lead to fewer complications during birth and fewer newborn complications, such as low birth weight, improving overall labor outcomes.
6. Massage during pregnancy can reduce anxiety.
7. Massage helps stimulate soft tissue to reduce overall swelling, especially around joints.
8. Studies show massage during pregnancy can decrease symptoms of depression.
9. The evidence points strongly to maternal and newborn health benefits when therapeutic massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care.
10. Why not?
Jenn Sommermann, LCMT has been a licensed massage therapist for over 20 years and enjoys working with pregnancy clients. She can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 516.633.9464. Please contact her with any questions you have regarding a session or to schedule an appointment. Her office is located in the Freeport Recreation Center and membership at the Center is not required to see Jenn.