12 Jan 2015 Leave a comment
10 Dec 2014 Leave a comment
Thank You Vita for sharing the news of your 2nd daughter. “ITS A GIRL! Emma Paige Snipp. 8lbs 7oz. 2 pushes and out at 1137″
13 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
I received a message from our YogaMama Chastity announcing the birth of her baby :-)
Hope all is well. I had my little burrito on November 5, 2014 @ 3:51pm via csection. Aaryan Sandilya, he weighed in 7lbs 14oz and 20″ long. Mommy and baby are doing well. Being a mom is just an awesome feeling and just looking at him makes me have purpose. Everything he is wearing mommy made. Crocheting was so relaxing while I was pregnant.
Look at this little angel.
30 Oct 2014 Leave a comment
Hello YogaMama Community,
I asked my personal Massage Therapist & dear Friend Jenn Sommermann to share with us the benefits of Massage during Pregnancy. I hope you enjoy and make time to experience her healing hands :-) ~Leah
Top 10 Reasons to Receive Massage During Pregnancy
1. This time is reserved for just you.
2. Physical pain can be relieved (low back pain, leg pain, sciatic nerve pain, carpal tunnel syndrome plus many more) with massage.
3. Your body will be fully supported in a side lying position, with soft pillows surrounding you to make you more comfortable.
4. Studies show that hormone levels associated with relaxation and stress are significantly altered, leading to mood regulation and improved cardiovascular health.
5. These hormone levels also can lead to fewer complications during birth and fewer newborn complications, such as low birth weight, improving overall labor outcomes.
6. Massage during pregnancy can reduce anxiety.
7. Massage helps stimulate soft tissue to reduce overall swelling, especially around joints.
8. Studies show massage during pregnancy can decrease symptoms of depression.
9. The evidence points strongly to maternal and newborn health benefits when therapeutic massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care.
10. Why not?
Jenn Sommermann, LCMT has been a licensed massage therapist for over 20 years and enjoys working with pregnancy clients. She can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 516.633.9464. Please contact her with any questions you have regarding a session or to schedule an appointment. Her office is located in the Freeport Recreation Center and membership at the Center is not required to see Jenn.
26 Oct 2014 Leave a comment
Come join us at Breathe N Flow Yoga today at 4pm for a FREE informative workshop on How to Create a Chemical Free Home.
22 Oct 2014 Leave a comment
I wanted to say thank you for the nomination and continued support our Yoga Community has given our Yoga Studio. Recently we received word that we have been nominated for Best of Long Island in Yoga under the category of Health & Wellness.
Please show your support by voted daily now thru Dec. 15th. You can vote once per day per IP address.
21 Oct 2014 Leave a comment
Join us for for Our First Book Discussion of “Everyday Blessings” by Jon and Myla Kabat Zinn.
Thursday, Dec. 11th @7:30pm
Together we will talk about the book and its subject- mindful parenting.
Please bring with you questions you may have as we discuss:
What is mindful parenting? How can you incorporate it into everyday parenting choices? How does it involve yoga?
All are welcome to attend whether you have read the book or not! This will be a great event for anyone interested in learning more about mindfulness practices for children.