You are Warrior Mamas!
29 Apr 2015 Leave a comment
29 Jan 2015 Leave a comment
Congratulations Kristen & Family on the birth of your first Baby :-)
Finn Trieger GaNun
9lb 3oz 21 & 3/4 in
12 Jan 2015 Leave a comment
10 Dec 2014 Leave a comment
Thank You Vita for sharing the news of your 2nd daughter. “ITS A GIRL! Emma Paige Snipp. 8lbs 7oz. 2 pushes and out at 1137″
13 Nov 2014 Leave a comment
I received a message from our YogaMama Chastity announcing the birth of her baby :-)
Hope all is well. I had my little burrito on November 5, 2014 @ 3:51pm via csection. Aaryan Sandilya, he weighed in 7lbs 14oz and 20″ long. Mommy and baby are doing well. Being a mom is just an awesome feeling and just looking at him makes me have purpose. Everything he is wearing mommy made. Crocheting was so relaxing while I was pregnant.
Look at this little angel.
30 Oct 2014 Leave a comment
Hello YogaMama Community,
I asked my personal Massage Therapist & dear Friend Jenn Sommermann to share with us the benefits of Massage during Pregnancy. I hope you enjoy and make time to experience her healing hands :-) ~Leah
Top 10 Reasons to Receive Massage During Pregnancy
1. This time is reserved for just you.
2. Physical pain can be relieved (low back pain, leg pain, sciatic nerve pain, carpal tunnel syndrome plus many more) with massage.
3. Your body will be fully supported in a side lying position, with soft pillows surrounding you to make you more comfortable.
4. Studies show that hormone levels associated with relaxation and stress are significantly altered, leading to mood regulation and improved cardiovascular health.
5. These hormone levels also can lead to fewer complications during birth and fewer newborn complications, such as low birth weight, improving overall labor outcomes.
6. Massage during pregnancy can reduce anxiety.
7. Massage helps stimulate soft tissue to reduce overall swelling, especially around joints.
8. Studies show massage during pregnancy can decrease symptoms of depression.
9. The evidence points strongly to maternal and newborn health benefits when therapeutic massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care.
10. Why not?
Jenn Sommermann, LCMT has been a licensed massage therapist for over 20 years and enjoys working with pregnancy clients. She can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 516.633.9464. Please contact her with any questions you have regarding a session or to schedule an appointment. Her office is located in the Freeport Recreation Center and membership at the Center is not required to see Jenn.